Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app not responsive to mouse click

slecault
Contributor

Android app not responsive to mouse click

Context:

Our mobile app is developped using Xamarin (not Form).

Both iOS and Android have the same global look and same functionnalities. 

I have scripts that ran fine on both OS until a merge/integration for Android API level 29 (Android 10). 

I tried with latest version of TC 14.80 (no change)

I have updated Android SDK up to version of Android 11

I have a Samsung Tab S2 physically connected to usb port Running Android 7.0

I am able to interact with Android device, (mouse click reacts like if I was touching the device (outside my tested app)

Since this integration (API target for Google Play), our tests won't run on the Android app, iOS are ok.

I can spy the app and see detailed structure of it in the "Object Browser". I can swipe/scroll with the mouse.  I can use the arrows on the desktop keyboard to navigate and press "Enter" to kind of "touch" a control.  But mouse clicks have no effect on the app (tried left, right, center, left-right, long left) .

Any ideas are welcome.

Win10 / Server 2016 - Testing Delphi Application, Dynamic AX, Web, Mobile app iOS and Android, TC 14 and TestExecute
7 REPLIES 7
AlexKaras
Community Hero

Re: Android app not responsive to mouse click

Hi,

I would create Support case via the https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/message/ form.

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
slecault
Contributor

Hi Alex,

I did open a case in late december. In order to investigate, support wants to get the app which won't work outside our building because it needs to interact with our server.  

I was hoping someone else had seen this behavior and might share what they did to resolve the situation.

Thanks

Win10 / Server 2016 - Testing Delphi Application, Dynamic AX, Web, Mobile app iOS and Android, TC 14 and TestExecute
AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi,

I see...

I do not remember that someone mentioned such problem here thus suggested to contact Support directly...

P.S. I am sure that you tried .Touch() and .Keys('[Enter]') as possible workarounds for the problem, didn't you?

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
slecault
Contributor

Hi Alex,

The click is my workaround attempt!

My scripts always uses Touch, Keys or SetText. Since the scripts are not working, I tried manually interacting with the App via "Show Mobile Screen".

I can pretty much do anything on the device except in our app (maintained by external dev team). 

Thanks

AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi,

Is it possible to contact this development team and talk with them about the problem?

There is a chance that problematic control is some custom descendant from standard one with not all required inheritance been implemented.

Alternatively, if problematic control is inherited indeed, developers might provide you with the necessary information for proper control mapping in TestComplete https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/managing-projects/properties/object-map....

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
slecault
Contributor

Hi Alex,

With our current app, I know that a higher level of librairies are redefined for our app. Something like the "io" librairie containing pretty much all object types (checkboxes, droplists...). With TestComplete I could extend Androids checkbox with a descendant of it, but ours were redified at an higher level. 

That being mentionned, I can spy the objects all the way down to the required buttons and controls. I can see the avaible methods and "Touch" is one of them, but it does not respond.  

I am trying to get internal authorization to send our app to support or maybe have a small build containing juste enough code to reproduce the issue. Our app requires a dev server which is not available from outside our offices.

Thanks

AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi,

or maybe have a small build containing juste enough code to reproduce the issue.

This is a good idea. Maybe developers will be able to create just a very simple standalone demo application that uses one or two problematic controls and can be used to reproduce the problem. So you may not need authorization to send this demo application to Support.

Additionally, I know that formal NDA sign-up could be considered with SmartBear's Support. You may discuss this with your management as well.

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements