cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying project files

SOLVED
Contributor

copying project files

I currently have a project which is using existing files from another project.

My question is if I have to make and update to the existing file how does copying project files to the slave pc work.

Do I just need to copy it from the base project or do I need to copy files from both projects.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: copying project files

Just copy over the file, only, preserving the directory structure from the original location.  That should be all you need to do.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Hero

If you did the option "Add existing item", you only need to copy the single file.  There are other files that control WHERE the files actually reside that are being used by the project.  The actual Keyword file or script unit just needs to be copied to the same relative path location.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
Highlighted
Contributor

Does that mean that I can copy the project where the file is just a link to the base project. Or do I need to copy

the base project which contains the actual code.

Highlighted
Community Hero

Just copy over the file, only, preserving the directory structure from the original location.  That should be all you need to do.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post