Forum Discussion

EmmaQuinn
New Contributor
8 years ago

Unable to launch a remote instance of TestComplete (TestExecute)

Hi,

I have been running tests over virtual machines using TestExecute for a couple of years now and in the last couple of weeks have started getting failures with the message 'Unable to launch a remote instance of TestComplete (TextExecute)' followed by 'Unable to connect to the remote instance of TestComplete (TestExecute).

I don't get any additional information and am struggling to work out what is causing this. The failures appear to occur randomly but happen on almost every run. For example if my run includes 4 jobs, it might fail on the first one, the third one, the last one. There doesn't appear to be any pattern to it.

Last night I turned on the 'Collect Test Visualizer data during test run', hoping that I would get a screen shot that would give me a clue as to what is happening, but the failure didn't occur (this is the first time in weeks that is has not occurred). I suspect this may be a coincidence rather than the cause.

Has anyone else had this issue / suggest anything I can do to try and find out what is causing it?

Many Thanks

Emma

3 Replies

EmmaQuinn
      New Contributor

Hi, Thanks for your response.

The only way I can find to set a timeout on the network suite is in the scheduled job. I have set it to /Timeout:300000 which has reduced the frequency but it still occurs.

Is there somewhere else I can set it?

Emma

mgroen2
        Super Contributor

EmmaQuinn you can set it on Task level, like this:

You might also consider increasing the project's general time out value:

Hope this helps!