Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestComplete with Microsoft Chromium Edge

SOLVED
Contributor

TestComplete with Microsoft Chromium Edge

Hi,

Does test complete support the new browser Microsoft Chromium Edge. Anyone tried using it yet?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Staff

Re: TestComplete with Microsoft Chromium Edge

yep

since it has chromium embedded content, you will now want to add the new microsoft edge application as a tested application, and also turn on the support for the * option in the MSAA of the options -> current project properties

Best,
Justin Kim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Staff

yep

since it has chromium embedded content, you will now want to add the new microsoft edge application as a tested application, and also turn on the support for the * option in the MSAA of the options -> current project properties

Best,
Justin Kim

View solution in original post

Contributor

Hi hkim5,

Thats exactly what I did but its considering edge as a process instead of a browser. 

Community Hero

Are you licensed for web?

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
Contributor

Yes, I have both desktop and web license activated. 

Community Hero

Edge is a Microsoft Store application. Under Tools -> Options -> Engines -> General, there is a check flag for testing Microsoft Store applications.  Is that flag checked?

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
Contributor

Yes sir it is. Just to be clear I can spy/perform actions on it. I was just wondering if it should be treated as a process or a browser because I will have to update my scripts to accomodate this browser if its treated as a process instead.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors