Forum Discussion

raskenny
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Sending emails with outlook

I am having trouble getting the sample code provided for outlook.js to work. I keep getting the exception  "unable to initialize outlook" . I have office 2007 installed and as soon as i run the script outlook seems to be loading on the task bar but execution stops. Does anyone have the sample script working for them ?

Thanks

7 Replies

• Hi Kenneth,

As I understand, you're talking about the sample shipped with TestComplete. If so, try changing the following code in the script file:

try

{

MsOutlook = Sys.OleObject("Outlook.Application");

}

catch(exception)

{

MsOutlook = Sys.OleObject("Outlook.Application.11"); // <== Use "Outlook.Application.12" instead of "Outlook.Application.11" here

}

Does this help?

raskenny
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Allen

I still get the same message

"Unable to initialize MS Outlook"

"Unable to initialize MS Outlook or its Folders"

• Hi Kenneth,

It looks as if the Outlook COM object is not registered properly in your system. Please run regedit.exe via Start | Run... and let me know the value of your HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Outlook.Application\CurVer\ registry key.

raskenny
    Occasional Contributor
    I have attached the screen shot for how the outlook Application folder looks like in the registry editor

Thanks
    raskenny
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi, got it to work. All i needed to do was change to the correct folder on my outlook

From this

ContactFldr = NS.Folders("Public Folders").Folders("Contacts"); // Original code

To This

ContactFldr = NS.Folders("Mailbox - Kenneth Rock").Folders("Contacts"); // Working code

sarlcool
    Occasional Contributor
    i kind of have the same problem. how did you locate your folders? it seems i cant locate my folders.

Log.Message(ContactFldr);

i added that code. but it seems it doesnt show anything.
    ganadi_k
    New Contributor
    Same Problem I am also facing... Out look is not  initializing ...

Thanks in advance