Forum Discussion

CliffSE
Visitor
5 years ago
Solved

Issue with Azure Test Mapping

Hi,

I am using the new feature as of 9/11 that allows for Test cases to be mapped to Azure test management directly from TestComplete, but I am receiving a pop up error message on running TestComplete every time now.  Picture of the pop up included.  Is anyone else having trouble with the TChookX86.exe process on opening TestComplete?  I realize I might be on the front end of utilizing this feature.  Any idea on ways to resolve it yet?

• Hi CliffSE,

I see that you've contacted the Support team and they provided you with the solution. Let me post their replies here in case somebody else faces this issue:

This issue is usually caused by antivirus software blocking the file. Please check the antivirus software on your machine to see whether any files are being quarantined at the moment. If the TCHookX86.exe file is mentioned there, please whitelist it.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I have seen some people notice that their security software/malware scanner removes that file.  You need to add it as an exception and reinstall TestComplete/TestExecute

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi CliffSE,

I see that you've contacted the Support team and they provided you with the solution. Let me post their replies here in case somebody else faces this issue:

This issue is usually caused by antivirus software blocking the file. Please check the antivirus software on your machine to see whether any files are being quarantined at the moment. If the TCHookX86.exe file is mentioned there, please whitelist it.