Forum Discussion

kate123
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Dropdown selection not changing

When my test case involves making a selection from a dropdown window, I get the following error message - " The combo box item 'XXX' was clicked, but the selection was not changed. "  Is there a way to fix this?

kate123
    5 years ago

Hi Robert,

I don't know what's going on but my test cases are running again without failing.  This is so strange since I didn't make any changes to them.  So bizzare.  Thank you for all your help though.  =)

Kate

8 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm curious as to how you have your code written.  Typically a "ClickItem" should do it.  However, depending upon the application (especially if it's a web application) there may be code behind the scenes that needs to finish before all components are ready for interaction so ClickItem could execute but a final step in the page load could wipe it out.

Could you share some more information?  What type of application are you testing? What type of component is it? Could you copy paste the code here or screenshot the keyword test?

kate123
      New Contributor

Hello Robert,

This is a web application and I am trying to enter the hotel rating from a dropdown list.  I attached a screenshot of the Keyword test.

Thanks.

Kate

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Rough guess.... but each time you change values in that filter, specifically the distance, are there some other things taht change on the page?  Do new fields display or other such stuff?

Just as a test (I'm not suggesting keeping it permanently there), what happens if you drop like a 2 second delay after the "SetText 10"?