Forum Discussion

14 years ago

TestExecute and Citrix Presentation Server

Hello,

I have seen several threads on testing on Citrix, but I still have some questions.

We have a Windows application that is made available via Citrix Presentation Server through the intranet. I would like to use TestComplete and TestExecute to test this setup. The application is developed externally, the vendor does not have a Citrix environment. I would like to have TC run the same tests there.

Testing through Citrix would be a load test, where Citrix clients can start TestExecute via the command line (I could start them with EdgeSight for LT).

Perhaps this is a little unconventional, but it would suit me really well, as this means that we can share test scripts between functional and performance testing (with some modifications), and the vendor can already run functional and performance tests on site before delivering.

Regarding this setup I have some questions:

1. If I install TestExecute and the AUT on my Citrix servers, I should be able to start TE inside a client session, right?

2. In this setup, if more than one client is connected to the same Citrix server, would I be able to launch several instances of TE on that server and run tests in them concurrently (one per client session)?

3. Assuming this would work, would I need to buy TE a license for every TE instance I would have running?

4. I got my test script to log response times to a file and the test log. Would TC help me in any way to aggregate the results from all TE instances?

Many thanks in advance,

Adriaan.

1 Reply

• Hi Adriaan,

If I install TestExecute and the AUT on my Citrix servers, I should be able to start TE inside a client session, right?

Yes, you are right. TestExecute must run in the same session as the tested application.

if more than one client is connected to the same Citrix server, would I be able to launch several instances of TE on that server and run tests in them concurrently (one per client session)?

Yes, if you have the needed number of licenses acitvated.

Assuming this would work, would I need to buy TE a license for every TE instance I would have running?

Yes, you need one license per each TestExecute instance running concurrently.