Forum Discussion

SajithaVasu
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to get a license for the ReadyAPI test module

Hi, I have ReadyAPi Fixed License till 2035. MY VDI machine suddenly got frozen and I have restarted the VDI without properly closing the readyAPI. After that I am unable to retrieve the fixed license from the Server.ReadyAPI throws error message like 'Your license seat is in use on another machine' Unable to get a license for the ReadyAPI test module.

When I tried login to the smartbear account, I could see the license allocated to me. Please support.

• Correct, your account manager from SmartBear. 

There have been changes made recently that prevent ReadyAPI Fixed licenses to be activated on virtual machines. I believe this is what is causing your issue here. Since this is a licensing related issue I would suggest going to your account manager or opening a support case to resolve this. 

3 Replies

• Hi SajithaVasu,

The error message in this case is a bit misleading. The core of this issue is that Fixed licenses are not applicable on virtual machines or VDIs. 
    For an issue such as this it would be best to contact your account manager to see how we can resolve this.  

SajithaVasu
      New Contributor

Hi SarahS,

I have been using the ReadyAPI fixed license in my virtual machine so far without any issues. You mean to contact account manager from Smartbear?

• Correct, your account manager from SmartBear. 

There have been changes made recently that prevent ReadyAPI Fixed licenses to be activated on virtual machines. I believe this is what is causing your issue here. Since this is a licensing related issue I would suggest going to your account manager or opening a support case to resolve this.