Forum Discussion

Gaya123
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Cannot Import Project

Projects- When I click File --> Import Project , Ready API 3.10.0 tool doesn't show the file dialog box to select the available project

• Looks like the case was resolved successfully for you Gaya123 !

Let me quote our support engineer on this:

>>

The exception you encountered is a generic issue that some users face during the ReadyAPI exploitation. The possible causes of the issue are described here: link [https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/faq/some-java-specific-os-environment-variables-cause/]. Considering that you confirmed the use of HP UFT software, there is a high possibility that it's caused by specific OS environments.
    We recommend removing these variables and trying without them. You can always set them back later.

<<

11 Replies

• Does this issue still persist?  Or was it resolved 

Sometimes the file dialog hides behind the ReadyAPI console.

richie
      Community Hero
      Im running v3.10 and the 'Select Project File' dialog launches fine on mine

Ta

Rich
      Gaya123
      Occasional Contributor
      Issue still persist. Can you do support on this?

Thanks & Regards,
      Gayathri
      Gaya123
      Occasional Contributor
      Still the issue exists. Actually I installed Ready API 3.9.2 with Admin credentials, then updated the latest version using my credentials. So it installed two instances of Ready API on same machine. And then I uninstalled the old version with the help of admin but then also I couldn't import the project .
    endrju
    New Contributor

I have exactly same problem, SmartBear support, please assist.

Gaya123 are you working on Local Machine or Virtual Machine?

Gaya123
      Occasional Contributor
      Hi,

I have raised the support incident Case : 00493808

Thanks
        sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Looks like the case was resolved successfully for you Gaya123 !

Let me quote our support engineer on this:

>>

The exception you encountered is a generic issue that some users face during the ReadyAPI exploitation. The possible causes of the issue are described here: link [https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/faq/some-java-specific-os-environment-variables-cause/]. Considering that you confirmed the use of HP UFT software, there is a high possibility that it's caused by specific OS environments.
        We recommend removing these variables and trying without them. You can always set them back later.

<<