Forum Discussion

sjakovac's avatar
sjakovac
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Importing project not working

When importing projects only project-level properties are imported, but no tests. This is the project I've worked on thru ReadyAPI GUI and is integrated with git. After resolving merge conflicts in git repo, project in ReadyAPI GUI no longer shows functional tests. All files and folders describing those tests do exist in the project directory. I've tried checking out an older commit for which surely everything worked correctly, but it was without success. Only project-level properties are visible and no tests.

 

Also, I've tried reloading the project, removing the project from the workspace and reloading it, loading projec in a new workspace... Nothing helps. 

Is there a why to somehow expunge all data related to that project from ReadyAPI's caches(if there even is such thing)

  • richie's avatar
    richie
    3 years ago

    Hey sjakovac 

     

    When you create a new project in ReadyAPI - it creates the project as a single flat .xml file.

     

    ReadyAPI includes the capability to split that single flat .xml file into multiple files (this is termed a 'composite' file) and allows for multiple users to save changes to the same project via version controlled software like Git.

     

    If you create a project it doesn't convert files by default to composite file - the file is created as the single flat .xml file. to convert to composite, you need to either save as composite, (or change the project property) or use the menu options (Git >> enable version control) 

     

    hope I've been clear,

     

    When I saw your original post, I wondered if saving the project (that appears to have lost all it's content) BACK to a single project .xml, checking if the content was now present, and then re-converting to the composite might have resolved your problem - but then someone else posted a likely fix and I forgot all about your post.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Rich

5 Replies

  • TNeuschwanger's avatar
    TNeuschwanger
    Champion Level 1

    hello sjakovac 

     

    You might reference the content in link:

    https://community.smartbear.com/t5/ReadyAPI-Questions/Composite-project-warning-file-has-not-been-lo...

     

    I saw the same issue in my project a few days ago and following the instructions from Tanya (To fix the issue) in the link, the warning log messages were resolved.  To fix the issue, delete the project.content file from the project directory. ReadyAPI will generate a new one on project opening.

     

    In short, the reason could be caused by multiple people making changes to a repository based composite project and/or multiple people with different versions of ReadyAPI working on the same composite project.  All users accessing a composite project should be on the same ReadyAPI version. 

     

    Regards,

    Todd

    • sjakovac's avatar
      sjakovac
      Occasional Contributor

      Unfortunately, this did not solve our problem.

      Still, no tests are visible through a desktop application but running with {ready-api-install-directory}/bin/testrunner.sh from the same project directory executes tests correctly.

    • sjakovac's avatar
      sjakovac
      Occasional Contributor

      Versions might be the culprit.

      I've created a new dummy project and saved it with version 3.30. It produces only one XML file. Old project made with version 3.9. and stored test suits and APIs in separate folders each with its own XML. I find this strange since I thought after version 2.4 ReadyAPI moved away from single-file to the composite structure. 

      • richie's avatar
        richie
        Community Hero

        Hey sjakovac 

         

        When you create a new project in ReadyAPI - it creates the project as a single flat .xml file.

         

        ReadyAPI includes the capability to split that single flat .xml file into multiple files (this is termed a 'composite' file) and allows for multiple users to save changes to the same project via version controlled software like Git.

         

        If you create a project it doesn't convert files by default to composite file - the file is created as the single flat .xml file. to convert to composite, you need to either save as composite, (or change the project property) or use the menu options (Git >> enable version control) 

         

        hope I've been clear,

         

        When I saw your original post, I wondered if saving the project (that appears to have lost all it's content) BACK to a single project .xml, checking if the content was now present, and then re-converting to the composite might have resolved your problem - but then someone else posted a likely fix and I forgot all about your post.

         

        Cheers,

         

        Rich