Forum Discussion

mgroen2
Super Contributor
9 years ago

Data driven test: is it possible to auto-iterate through table ?

Hi, I have following question:

Using TestComplete Data Generator, I have created a Table variable "Deb_Achternaam", with 1 column, 100 column rows.

Now, I want to achieve that each time a test is run, where this variable is used one item (iterative) is used from the table.

So, starting with 1, then 2, etc.

So, when the test is run first time, the first item of table list (row 1) is used.

Then, the next time the test is run, the second item of the list is used.

So, it is not meant to be data driven list where one testrun is specified to run from row x to y, but just one row, and automatically keep track next row to use in next test.

Have tried several ways to implement this, but this is not as easy as I thought (and hoped) it would be... 

Does anybody have suggestions?

Update:

I have been able to create working solution: by creating a persistent variable (of type integer), and update it with 1 with each test run, and use this variable for the row selection, it keeps track of which row to pick in the table.

However, I think data driven testing could be updated to make this more easy to do.

For example: implement feature "go next line after each test run", in the attached screen.

Any comments on this feature request?

2 Replies