Forum Discussion

andrew_1
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

White-box testing mobile apps developed in Xamarin

Hi

The company that I work for has recently changed over to Xamarin for developing our mobile applications. I understand that the Falafel Bridge can be used to allow white-box testing for mobile apps created using Xamarin. As I understand it, for the Falafel Bride to work, Xamain needs to be installed on the same pc that Testcomplete is installed on. Have I got that right? If yes, are there plans for a solution for Testcomplete users that don’t have Xamarin installed? If there is, when are we likely to see it released?

Thanks

• Hi Andrew,

Starting from TestComplete 10.5, we officially support testing  the Xamarin application. There is no need to use the Falafel Bridge now. You need to prepare the Xamarin tested app in the same way you prepare for testing other Android applications. Please refer to the "Preparing Android Applications" article to learn how to do this.

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Andrew,

Starting from TestComplete 10.5, we officially support testing  the Xamarin application. There is no need to use the Falafel Bridge now. You need to prepare the Xamarin tested app in the same way you prepare for testing other Android applications. Please refer to the "Preparing Android Applications" article to learn how to do this.