Forum Discussion

rbiedgoly
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Where do I find the 32 bit version of TestExecute?

I am having issues running TestExecute and get the following error.

The needed data source driver is not installed or is not configured properly.
To read data, install the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider. It is part of Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable. You can find it on the Microsoft website. Alternatively, you can try using the 32-bit version of TestExecute.

How do I resolve this issue and where can I find the 32-bit version of TestExecute?

• On 64-bit Windows the 64-bit version of TestExecute is running by default. Typically it is installed to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\x64\Bin

If you need to run 32-bit version of TestExecute then run it from the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\Bin

7 Replies

• On 64-bit Windows the 64-bit version of TestExecute is running by default. Typically it is installed to the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\x64\Bin

If you need to run 32-bit version of TestExecute then run it from the following folder:

dasundt
      New Contributor

Hi-I am having a similar issue. However, when TestExecute launches on my Windows7 VM, it is using the 32 bit instead of the 64 bit. 

Is there a setting where I can have it launch the 64 bit?

Thanks

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

If you launch from commandline or otherwise and you use this path

You'll get the 32-bit.

If you want the 64-bit, you need to have your path in your commandline or short cut pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\x64\bin.  The executeable doesn't auto-redirect you to a particular bit version, you need to explicitly call that version.

rbiedgoly
      New Contributor

Thank you all so much, that solved my issue with the error by running the 32 bit version.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

32-bit and 64-bit versions of TestComplete can be found in the <Program Files (x86)>\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\Bin\ and <Program Files (x86)>\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\x64\Bin\ folders correspondingly.

I did not check this for TestExecute, but I would expect the same hierarchy. I.e. check if <Program Files (x86)>\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\Bin\ folder contains 32-bit version of TestExecute.