Forum Discussion

sfo_sc
Contributor
13 years ago

Unable to open DDT driver suddenly

I have been using data drive test method with TestComplete for some time already.  All my codes working correctly before.  Suddenly today all my script just stop working on the line of code where I try to open the DDT drive.

Global = DDT.CSVDriver("../DataSet/PPOrderESA_Regression.csv");

Does someone have this experience before?  Would someone please help resolve this problem because currently my TestComplete are basically useless.  All my scripts are broken now for no reason.

Thanks,

SC

• Hi Chris,

I think we are reading the same code example when we first starting to write DDT drivers.  I do not have this problem at all until we start to have a large team start coding hundreds of test cases with DDT drivers.  After a few months, we start getting this error.  So yes, I suggest you start closing the drivers now to avoid my problem.

Thanks,

Simon
    MikeSchmid
    Occasional Contributor
    I also had a problem where all of a sudden any script I had that used an excel driver stopped working.  Unable to even open the first time on a new boot.

I have narrowed it down to the fact that a recent windows update changed how the excel drivers work.  If the spreadsheets are read only, as they would be if you are using source code control correctly, then it will not work.

If I made the spreadsheets writable then it all worked fine again.

this is a huge problem for people using excel for Data Driven Testing.

• Hmmm, I just created a ticket for this problem and saw the last comment on this thread. I 'opened for edit', my excel files and viola, it works!

This is definitely a huge problem and only started occurring after the recent Windows updates. As was stated by Mike Schmid, this is a problem when using source control and not wanting to have to make all files writable every time I execute the tests.