Forum Discussion

scot1967
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Unable to initialize the Team System engine.

Has this issue been resolved in version 11.X ?  We are having a similar issue, "Unable to initialize the Team System engine. Please make sure it is installed correctly." when trying to make a connection to Team Foundation from TC for issue tracking purposes.  The check in and out process seems to be working for the most part.  It seems a little buggy updating the status of the files and sometimes checking children files in from a parent folder does not work. 

In older posts from other versions I have seen where re-installing TC and selecting modify may resolve the Team System engine initilization issue.  Another post suggested finding and registering AQTFSCI.DLL.  Our Team Explorer was installed after TC and not before as was recommended in one of the posts I read. 

Thanks.

• The issue with TC issue tracking was confirmed by Smartbear support.  TFS Explorer must be installed priror to installing TC fo TC to enable this feature.  I was able to update from 11.20 to 11.30 to solve the issue. So it would seem updates install the needed compents if TFS Exploer has been installed already. 

5 Replies

scot1967
    Frequent Contributor

I have successfully entered a bug into TFS from within TC.  I have found a few things that could be better or that I may not fully understand...

• If I setup a TFS connection and template in an existing project suite, the Issue Tracking Template tied to the project is not updated to reflect what I setup in the template manager.  A new project gets the Issue-Tracking Tempate set correctly.
    • I have the TC Description field mapped to the TFS Description field however the text I set in the value column is ignored and I see Project <bla bla> Started <bla bla> Finished <bla bla> and Status <bla bla> in the TFS description field.  The TC Title field is mapped to the TFS Subject field and it does display the text I have set in the value column.
    • You can only create a new issue by running something from the Project or Project suite level.  Initally running a keyword test and then opening the project window and clicking create project fails even though you have navigated to the level the resulting error specifies.   
    • It does not seem that you can edit or update an existing bug from TC in anyway.  You can only create new ones.  Is that correct? 

Thanks

scot1967
    Frequent Contributor

The update to version 11.30 build 2298 seems to have solved the problem getting connected to TFS for issue tracking.  Create a connection to the URL of TFS with the login credentials of the logged in user.  I am not sure if the update process installed missing componets that were not installed with 11.20 since Team Explorer was installed after 11.20 was installed or if there were corrected issues in 11.30.

I will now continue testing by setting up a templete and post back to the group.   

scot1967
      Frequent Contributor

scot1967 wrote:

The update to version 11.30 build 2298 seems to have solved the problem getting connected to TFS for issue tracking.  Create a connection to the URL of TFS with the login credentials of the logged in user.  I am not sure if the update process installed missing componets that were not installed with 11.20 since Team Explorer was installed after 11.20 was installed or if there were corrected issues in 11.30.

I will now continue testing by setting up a templete and post back to the group.   

I tried to setup a connection to TFS in TC for issue tracking on a PC where 11.30 was installed prior to Team Explorer and this PC has the same issue.  It seems the order of install does matter. 

scot1967
        Frequent Contributor

The issue with TC issue tracking was confirmed by Smartbear support.  TFS Explorer must be installed priror to installing TC fo TC to enable this feature.  I was able to update from 11.20 to 11.30 to solve the issue. So it would seem updates install the needed compents if TFS Exploer has been installed already. 

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

I don’t see any active issues in our bug-tracking system related to this error. I suppose that the issue you found has been fixed. You can try installing the latest TestComplete version and check if you still have it.