Forum Discussion

macheshmeh
Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

the format of object address changes completely and none of the tests work :(

i had a dynamic object and i found a topic in Internet to give name mapping manually then in tools-options-engines i uncheck the Map object names automatically 

after i try to find the name mapping manually , i had a issue with testComplete and that was freeze , i restart testcomplete .....

when i managed to enter the testComplete and i lunched one of the tests , it didn't work because it couldn't find the main , i checked in object Browser instead of main and another object address i saw something else (different characters .... )

what can i do for resolve the problem 😞 ?

i tried to record something i had the same object address (some characters instead of real object) 

with object Spy also the same issue 

• thanks for your answer, that was so strange 

finally, i uninstalled and reinstalled the testcomplete and fortunately it works 🙂

3 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

There doesn't seem to be any unique names defined in your application that you are testing. All objects are identified as "WindowsForms10.Windows.8.app.0.14a4f1c_r3_ad1".

Are you able to add WndClass name "WindowsForms10.Windows.8.app.0.14a4f1c_r3_ad1" to your Project properties -> Open Application -> MSAA? Hopefully, TC should then be able to identify all UI Objects.

macheshmeh
      Contributor

thanks for your answer, that was so strange 

finally, i uninstalled and reinstalled the testcomplete and fortunately it works 🙂