Forum Discussion

acm
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Text field (object) not being targeted by PropertyCheckpoint tool

Hello,   First of all, do licensed TestComplete users (also) post their questions here?  Or is there a different channel for submitting a help ticket?   I am in need of assistance with using the ...
    shankar_r
    7 years ago

Hi,

Unfortunately, I am still unclear about the relationship between Object Browser and Name Mapping.  When should I be using the Object Browser versus Name Mapping?

Kindly correct me if I am wrong... When keyword tests are recorded, objects are created and stored in the Object Browser(Name mapping).  But, at which point in time is the Name Mapping generated or requires my attention?(Name mapping contains objects that are being added via Record or Manually.)   Also, we the users have the ability to modify objects either in the Object Browser or Name Mapping? (You can do the Edit Name mapping not in the Object Browser)

General concepts based on my understanding, 

Object Browser:

• Object browser contains all the process and its child objects displayed in the machine
    • It will not related with any of the Keyword Tests or Scripts
    • It is a place where we can see the AUT objects and what ever objects you want map for your tests you do by Right Click on the specified object and clicking Map Object option. and much more

Name mapping:

Best source would be 101 training session video https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/videos/smartbear-academy-testcomplete-101-april-2017/#_ga=2.264736006.866241010.1495780909-1569597026.1495112518