Forum Discussion

JonoW
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Tests run directly from TE but not via VS2010

I can run my tests on another machine with TestExecute installed, by opening the project file and clicking Run.

However I cannot do this from a Test Project in Visual Studio - I keep getting these messages in the silent log:

6/14/2011 11:03:37:263   Tried to open the Save Read-Only Storage dialog. The default value is wpcCancel.

6/14/2011 11:03:38:672   Tried to open the error dialog. Message: Run failed. Error: the project was modified and cannot be saved..

6/14/2011 11:03:40:030   Tried to open the Save Read-Only Storage dialog. The default value is wpcCancel.

6/14/2011 11:03:40:039   Tried to open the Save dialog. The default value: YES.

6/14/2011 11:03:40:077   Tried to open the Save Read-Only Storage dialog. The default value is wpcCancel.

And the test just falls over before getting started. The only solution seems to be to check out the TC project files before attempting to run the test, but that's no use to us whatsoever.

I also get TestComplete popping up save as messages now that the project is under source control. I guess it's ok that I need to check it out there to edit, but just to run? Really?

Is there another solution to this?

Thanks,

3 Replies

• Hello Jono,

We could not reproduce the problem by using your description - in our case, the tests work just fine from a Test Project, when the project suite is in the "checked-in" state in SCC. So, we need more information to investigate the problem:

- What exact TestExecute version are you using?

- Can you reproduce the problem with a newly created project suite having one test that just posts a message to the Test Log (assuming the project suite is also added to SCC like the original one)?

- If the problem is specific to a certain project suite, please send it to us.

- What SCC are your using to store the project suite?

And the test just falls over before getting started.

Please clarify what exactly happens. Are you getting an error in the Test Log, or on the screen?
  • Hello,

I'm getting the same problem when I run my tests from visual studio or from a bat like this

"c:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 9\Bin\TestComplete.exe" /r "E:\glp\6-imp\src\GLPAutTest\BeforeProduction\GLPConfiguration\ManageTrackDestinations\ManageTrackDestinations.pjs" /SilentMode /e

Can you help?

Thank you,

Raluca
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Raluca,

I don't think that your issue is related to the original one. I see that you created another thread - let's keep the conversation there.