Forum Discussion

halovski
Contributor
7 months ago

Tests are waiting 30-60 seconds in the beginning when sharing them with colleagues.

When I run my colleague's tests I have to wait for 30 seconds every time the test gets to the first step. The same happens when he runs my tests. It happens even after the test suites have been copied to a different folder(local and virtual machine). We thought the problem is the size of the folder so we copy pasted only 10% of it in a different place and we are still stuck waiting. However after the wait the test is running smoothly, with no mistakes and at full speed. What can I do if I can run my tests without waiting, but other people can't?

7 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

From the message indicated, you have several browsers opened. Try closing all of them, and start from an initial point i.e. nothing opened.

halovski
      Contributor

Thats just in the case of the screenshot. The same applies when I run the test properly with everything closed. I cleaned up my name mapping and old logs too.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Have you specified the browser that you want to open? How are you calling the browser? Are you using incognito or user profile for the browser?

If you were to do the exact step manually, is it quicker than the automation?

halovski
      Contributor

I either have a navigate on top of my test that specifies the URL and browser, or a login test in the first position of the execution plan. Its not the browser, because the same test behaves differently on 2 different computers. Here is the log for the same test on both PCs. If you look at the second step, it waits 20 seconds, on other tests its more. The big project suite runs immediately, the small one waits a bit.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Try to clear your browser cache, and then see what happens.

• Before we deleted the cache the slow step(always the second one) took 20.76 seconds and after it took 20.93 seconds, so nothing changed. It probably has something to do with who made the test, because my tests dont wait like this on my computer