Super Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

Wait Method issue

Hi Team,

Could you explain what is the difference between

sys.process("iexplore").waitpage("www.google.com") and

sys.process("iexplore").page(www.google.com).wait

Please suggest me which method i used if i want to be wait until the page is load (I don't want to use Delay() Method)

Thanks

Ravik
  • The difference is that sys.process("iexplore").waitpage("www.google.com") waits until the child object page("www.google.com") appears in object sys.process("iexplore") and if it will not appear before the timeout expires it will return non-existent stub object.

And the call to sys.process("iexplore").page(www.google.com).wait will wait until page with address www.google.com stops loading (or page wait timeout expires) and then continue test execution. This is the right method to wait until the page is loaded.

You must take into account that if you are not setting timeout explicitly in these calls the default timeout values will be used (you can find them in project options). And one more thing, you should specify the complete page URL - "http://www.google.com", or use wildcards, like "*www.google.com*".

1 Reply

• The difference is that sys.process("iexplore").waitpage("www.google.com") waits until the child object page("www.google.com") appears in object sys.process("iexplore") and if it will not appear before the timeout expires it will return non-existent stub object.

And the call to sys.process("iexplore").page(www.google.com).wait will wait until page with address www.google.com stops loading (or page wait timeout expires) and then continue test execution. This is the right method to wait until the page is loaded.

You must take into account that if you are not setting timeout explicitly in these calls the default timeout values will be used (you can find them in project options). And one more thing, you should specify the complete page URL - "http://www.google.com", or use wildcards, like "*www.google.com*".