Forum Discussion

randall
Contributor
9 years ago

TestExecute

My test fails to run with an error complaining that it was unable to find a particular referenced file.  I verified that the file in question is indeed where it should and always has been in the Scripts folder.  This test runs fine on my TestComplete dev machine.  I am using Mercurial as my source control tool and checked in, committed, and pushed my entire TestComplete project suite in BitBucket.  I then use it on the TestExecute machine to clone the project.  Both the source folder on the dev machine and the target folder on the test machine are EXACTLY the same - C:\users\<username>\sandbox.

I don't understand what the problem is and why it is just this one file it can't find.  Will it be a peeling-the-onion thing where when I solve this one problem I'm going to just run into another can't-find-a-file issue, on and on until every referenced file is not found?  Or is it a single incident?  Or is it something entirely unrelated to what is being reported?

Anyway, those are questions for me to ponder.  My real question is, is anyone familiar with this problem and know how to solve it or have I encountered a bug I need to report to SmartBear?

randall
    9 years ago

I solved my problem.  I had assumed that the missing file error was that TestExecute could not find the file referenced in a USEUNIT statement.  Further investigation showed it was a file not found later in the test script.  The file not found was 7zip.exe.  I had failed to install 7zip on the test machine in prepping it.  I have since corrected that and everything seems to running now.

The problem was mea culpa. :-)

3 Replies

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

randall I think you'd be best off contacting support on this issue (if you can reproduce it)

• Try cloning directly from your source machine.  And it would be helpful to see the error message and perhaps the code that caused it.

randall
      Contributor

I solved my problem.  I had assumed that the missing file error was that TestExecute could not find the file referenced in a USEUNIT statement.  Further investigation showed it was a file not found later in the test script.  The file not found was 7zip.exe.  I had failed to install 7zip on the test machine in prepping it.  I have since corrected that and everything seems to running now.

The problem was mea culpa. :-)