Forum Discussion

sbryan
New Contributor
14 years ago

TestExecute "The command line is invalid" error when /projectitem specified

I can successfully run my entire project with TestExecute using this command:

C:\Users\sbryan>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Automated QA\TestExecute 8\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\Users\sbryan\Document\SVNHome\development\projects\leap\leap.qa\TestComplete\Projects\LEAP\LEAP.pjs" /run /project:LEAP_Main /e

But, I also want to be able to run a single keyword test but when I run the following, it fails just after launching Test Execute with a "The command line is invalid" error. 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Automated QA\TestExecute 8\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\Users\sbryan\Documents\SVNHome\development\projects\leap\leap.qa\TestComplete\Projects\LEAP\LEAP.pjs" /run /project:LEAP_Main /pi:Login /e

What is the trick to running a single keyword test?

3 Replies

• Hi,

The /pi switch is used to run project items, not specific tests. To run a specific keyword test, you need to use the /test switch instead of /pi:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Automated QA\TestExecute 8\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\Users\sbryan\Documents\SVNHome\development\projects\leap\leap.qa\TestComplete\Projects\LEAP\LEAP.pjs" /run /project:LEAP_Main /test:"KeywordTests|Login" /e
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Ivette,

Currently, this cannot be done from TestComplete directly. We have a suggestion to implement this, and your request has increased its rating. Thank you.

We have a solution implemented as a separate JS file. For information on how to use it and the file itself, contact the TestComplete Support Team.