Forum Discussion

mmaloney
Occasional Contributor
5 months ago
Solved

TestComplete Playback Failing

I am unable to run any of my test cases today, and keep getting the below error on every single case I try to run –

I found that this could be related to an incompatibility with Chrome, and there was an update recently pushed out to TestComplete.

Anyone else having this issue or have a suggestion on how to resolve it? This has happened to me several times before, usually after updates, but then seems to resolve itself after a day. 

I checked my resources running in the background and nothing stands out, I have also restarted my laptop and TestComplete a few times. Just curious if there is anything else I can try.

• It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just a copy of the TC folder and any other place you might save logs, etc. It's just in case you decide not to use the upgrade so you can go back to where you were.

7 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

As well as TC version, you should also mention the browser version too. Usually the latest Chromium browser breaks TC, which is always an ongoing issue.

If you have a working version of TC, I suggest you don't upgrade. Unless it's absolutely necessary.

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

Also always backup TC and your project before you upgrade. You can't go back to a previous full version (say 15 to 14) because TC will have altered your test cases automatically. 

mmaloney
    Occasional Contributor

I went ahead and downgraded from 15.58 to 15.57, per my Account Manager's advise as this issue won't be fixed until mid-December.

What would be the best way to backup? We aren't using a remote source control like Git. I guess I could just use One Drive? Are there any caveat's to backing up to a network drive (like with the variables in the Project)?

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3
      It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just a copy of the TC folder and any other place you might save logs, etc. It's just in case you decide not to use the upgrade so you can go back to where you were.
    mmaloney
    Occasional Contributor

I was on the latest, 15.58. 

I did see the post you linked before I posted, but it seems this happens with most of the updates pushed out and there are no communications that it's a known issue.

I just uninstalled the latest version and downgraded to v15.57.

Thanks for the response!