Forum Discussion

hong6914
New Contributor
13 years ago

TestComplete integration with TFS 2010

Hi,

My team has the TestComplete 8.6 and TFS 2010 installation. I'm wondering if we could use TestComplete to update the test cases defined in TFS 2010, and automatically file bugs in TFS when the TestComplete/TestExecute fails on one test? Or we need to DIY via TFS APIs? Thank you.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    The only direct updates that I know of between TFS and TestComplete on that level has to do with code checkin/check out.  Someone else might know differently but I'm guessing you'll need to utilize the API
    hong6914
    New Contributor
    Thank you Robert.

The situation I'm facing is that the team uses TFS to do the source code version control and daily build/deployment, and want to incorporate TestComplete into the test automation managed by TFS, since TestComplete is far more superior than M$ Test Manager 2010 (we use Test Manager to just manage the manual test cases). Would be great if there are TestComplete plugins to update test case status in TFS, and file one bug in TFS automatically if one TestComplete test fails.
    AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hong,

TestComplete tests can be included into Visual Studio test projects. And as far as I remember, in this case, TestComplete results (success, error, warning) are reported in the same manner as results of other Visual Studio tests.

You can read more here --

Automated Testing With TestComplete and Team Build,

Integration With Microsoft Visual Studio, and

Integrating TestComplete With Visual Studio Team Services

If you want to create work items yourself, you can try doing this with issue-tracking templates. This functionality is implemented by certain plug-ins that are already included into the TestComplete package. There is no need to download and install additional plug-ins.

You create issue-tracking templates on a special page of the TestComplete project editor. To view the page, right-click your project in the Project Explorer and select Edit | Issue-Tracking Templates from the context menu. For more information on creating and using issue-tracking templates, see --

Working With Issue-Tracking Systems, and

Using Issue-Tracking Templates