Forum Discussion

gdave
Regular Contributor
2 days ago

TestComplete Incredibly Slow !!

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else here is experiencing slowness with TC ?

Everytime I use an ObjectSpy and then point & fix on any object, it takes ages for the red box to appear. When it appears, and I try to highlight an object (by pressing shift+ctrl+A), it takes few mins for it to display the properties etc. This process is very slow & laggy, and sometime freezes unexpectedly. Any thoughts as to what can be the issue ?

I am using it on a virtual machine however all other application on this machine works fine except TC. Below is the screenshot of the info about my system.

Any help is much appreciated as it is getting very annoying . Thanks

• Hello,

What version of TestComplete and browser are you using? Do you have same problem on desktop or other machines?

A while back I used to have similar issue but after updating Chrome browser and TestComplete the problem no longer persist. Currently I am at:
    TestComplete Version: 15.67.1.7 x64 Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit (10.0 Build 19045) 
    Chrome Version 129.0.6668.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Perhaps you can try to un-install TestComplete, reboot, and re-install. If all fails I suggest you contact support.

gdave
      Regular Contributor

We use primarily edge browser. The is Version 130.0.2849.46 (Official build) (64-bit).

TC version is 15.67.1.7 x64

• If you are using it to test desktop software with WPF controls I feel your pain.  The problem for us is with them is there are soooo many child objects it can take minutes for TC to iterate through them all.  WPF has a ridiculous amount of container hierarchy. Actually though, any time there are a ton of child objects it can take a long time.

When the properties finally display how many child objects does it reflect?  We have a tree control with thousands of children.  It takes several minutes for the Object Spy to return anything when you select something in that tree.

gdave
      Regular Contributor

It's web application.  At time there are just couple of child objects but still it's super slow.