Forum Discussion

mahalgur
New Contributor
12 years ago

TestComplete has encountered a problem in module tcCore.dll

Hi,

"TestComplete has encountered a problem in module tcCore.dll and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience"

Test complete suddenly crashes catastrophically with the above message.

Could anyone tell wether you have encountered the same prob, i have raised the ticket for the same with Automated QA support, as soon as i get a resolution i would be posting the same here.

Regards,

Guru.

8 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Guru,

This behavior is abnormal, and it is the best handled through technical support. From just the module name, it's difficult to tell what causes the problem; the support engineers will need to analyze the information in the error report attached to your ticket to identify the problem. Then, they will reply with a workaround or a patch.
    mahalgur
    New Contributor

TestComplete crashed due to the insufficient memory

problem. To solve the issue, I recommend that you try our utility that enables

TestComplete to use more than 2 GB of RAM in a 64-bit system. Please follow the

steps below:

1. Close TestComplete and back up the existing version of

the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Automated QA\TestComplete 8\Bin\TestComplete.exe"

executable.

2. Download an archive containing the 3gbaware utility by

the following link:http://downloads.smartbear.com/support/fee201fb-3c9f-4bc3-8858-0c11fffde643

3. Unpack the utility to a folder on a local drive.

4. Run "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" as an administrator.

5. In the window that appears, run the following command:

"<PathTo3gbaware.exe>\3gbaware.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Automated QA\TestComplete 8\Bin\TestComplete.exe"

6. If the command's output is "Now the application

can handle large (>2GB) addresses.", close the window and check whether

the issue persists.

icoroiu
    New Contributor
    Hi guys, I'm having the same problem described above. I'm running test complete 9 on a windows 7 x32 machine.

The link you mentioned above has expired...any other solutions to this issue?

• Hello Ionut,

Please send us the dump files saved to the C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\SmartBear\TestComplete\9.0\Logs\ folder on your machine. The names of the files correspond to the date and time of their creation. I think the latest 2-3 files will be enough for us.

aron_cook
    New Contributor
    About two weeks ago, our testing efforts came to a standstill to to multiple errors generated from TestComplete.  We started getting the same error message on the following modules:  tcCore.dll, tcHooks.dll, vbScript.dll

We are a Windows7, .NET shop.

We reported the problems to Tech Support and sent .dmp files to them for analysis.  They cam back with a patch, a replacement "DM.dll" file that we installed.  That patch worked and we haven't had any issues at all since then.
  • hi,

"TestComplete has encountered a problem in module tcCore.dll and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience"

Test complete suddenly crashes catastrophically with the above message.

Could anyone tell me the solution for this error.

Thanks.