Forum Discussion

ryank
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

TestComplete Crashes when debugging Keyword Tests

I am using JScript with my project and I have found that if one of my scripts returns a JScript object while I am debugging a Keyword test, TestComplete will freeze. The only option to recover is to kill the process and restart. This happens every time and makes debugging very difficult. To reproduce, try including the following in a JScript Script Unit and calling the function showFreeze from a Keyword Test. Store the return value to a variable and step once more (to a log statement or something) so the variable would be showing in the Local Variables window. TestComplete will freeze. I have also included an example project that shows this behavior.

function showFreeze(){
return new Example();
}

function Example(){
this.message = "Hello";
}

2 Replies

• So it does.  Seems that simply having the object present as a local variable in the keyword test is sufficient.  Looks like you might be able avoid the hang by using a Project or ProjectSuite variable but that is not ideal.

Please submit a case

ryank
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help. The Project/ProjectSuite Variable wouldn't work too well in my situation but maybe they could work as a temporary workaround. I submitted a case and I'm waiting on a response