Forum Discussion

Anonymous
14 years ago

TestComplete 8.5 Beta now open: Adobe Flex 4.5, Firefox 4, IE9

Fellow TestComplete users:

It has not been two months yet, but we are already preparing the next release of TestComplete 8.5. We feel great about the release, as we continue to bring to market support for newest technologies in Web application development, and state of the art support for the Adobe Flash Platform, in particular, while at the same time making TestComplete more accessible to a wider audience of users. Today we are opening a Beta program for TestComplete 8.5 by providing early access to a select group of users.

Release 8.5 introduces support for:

- Adobe Flex 4.5 and Flash Builder 4.5

- Calling Flex methods

- Out of the box testing for Silverlight 4 – no preparation required

- Firefox 4

- Internet Explorer 9

- Additional Silverlight, .NET, and Telerik controls

If you are interested in test-driving any of these features, or know that TestComplete 8.5 includes fixes or enhancements you have been waiting for, please join the Beta program by registering here:

http://www2.smartbear.com/tc-beta-testcomplete.html.

The Beta program will run roughly through the second week of May. During the program, you will have full access to our excellent support team, whether you are a current customer or not, and undivided attention from the TestComplete development team. We are eager for the early user feedback, and will respond rapidly to any issues with new features that are found during Beta. We will be sending a beta survey towards the end of the Beta cycle and will appreciate your responses!

For any questions and support during Beta, please use our Support Portal for TestComplete and put TC8.5 on the subject line when logging your issue.

Your devoted SmartBear TestComplete team.

2 Replies

ttran
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank You, SmartBear Software. I was waiting for this.

I open my first issue yesterday, not sure if it goes through since the support page does not seems to be specialize for beta. I also think it would be a good idea to post issues here to avoid dupplicate.

Issue1: IE9 does not seems to recognize the Tab name/Tab Button (tree node name under IE8: IEFrame> CommandBar>TabBand)

• Hi Tien,

I also think it would be a good idea to post issues here to avoid dupplicate.

I want to ask not to do this - having all issues reported in one thread is not the best way to track them.

Please report all issues to our Support Team directly by using the "Help | Contact Support Team..." main menu command in TestComplete 8.50 Beta.

Issue1: IE9 does not seems to recognize the Tab name/Tab Button (tree node name under IE8: IEFrame> CommandBar>TabBand)

We'll work to make TestComplete recognize these buttons in the release version of 8.50. Thanks for reporting this.