Forum Discussion

kalli
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

TestComplete 7.50 hangs when entering code

When entering code in TestComplete 7.50 the application seems to immediately start parsing the code, causing the cursor to flash rapidly for several seconds.

TestComplete becomes quite unresponsive while this is going on, making code editing a tedious chore.

This was not the case in 7.20, so I'm downgrading to that version while this is unresolved.

17 Replies

• Hi,

We cannot reproduce the issue on our side.

I recommend that you update TC to the latest version - 7.52. Does the issue disappear?
    kalli
    Occasional Contributor
    This also happened in 7.52, as well as in version 8, beta 3.
  • Hi,

Ive experienced same problem when working with code editor (I was working in rdp session also).

The performance was especially bad when working with units containing 500 and more lines of code, and very often TC hanged for infinite time when parsing the code after another change.

I had to split the scripts in more script units. And especially after more memory was added to the machine, the problem became imperceptible.

May be it would be reasonable to include an option allowing to disable parsing the code syntax in real-time.

• Hi Pavel,

include an option allowing to disable parsing the code syntax in real-time.

We will consider this suggestion. Thanks.
  • This problem is killing our use of Testcomplete - I wouldn't even say our projects are that large. It seems to be an issue generally but is definitely worse when using remote desktop.

Windows XP SP3 4GB ram.

• Hello Simon,

What exact version of TestComplete are you using (Help | About...)?

Have you tried disabling the "Auto Pop-Up" option in the "Tools | Options... | Panels | Code Editor | Editing" dialog? Did this make a difference?