Forum Discussion

CWRodgers
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Telerik Grid Control Question

We use the Telerik controls throughout our software products and with the 8.5 release of Test Complete I have enjoyed the ease of use.  However, we have a new grid that we are using that is causing problems as far as being able to click on a cell to activate that row in the grid.  I am able to use the wValue method to grab the value of a field to ensure the field has the desired value but when I try to invoke the ClickCell action I get an error message and the system halts testing.  I cannot tell what I am doing wrong or if this is even correct after looking through all the help files.  Any help that you guys can give would be appreciated. 

I have written a simplified bit of script to demonstrate what I am doing throughout with the wValue and ClickCell actions.  Does this work?  AM I using i correctly (I thought I was)?  

Sample code:

<snip>

function Test11()

{

var TextMessage;

var RadGridView;

RadGridView =  Aliases.SNCDosimetry.frm_MainForm.pnl_MainWork.doccon_MainWork.dt_MainWork.Imported.ScanOutputUserControl.m_dock.radSplitContainer1.m_tsDetails.m_twDetails.m_grd;

TextMessage = (RadGridView.wValue(0, "Type"));

Log.Message(TextMessage);

RadGridView.ClickCell(0, "Type");

}
</snip>

The log message will add the field value to the log file and it is correct.  But the next line causes the following error to be added to log file ...

An error occurred.

Then if you click on the Additional Information tab you will see the following:

Possible reasons:

1. The application stopped responding.

2. The
application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the
help system).

3. An error occurred in TestComplete.

Technical
information:

103 0x80020006 (Unknown name.) CellElement.

Tested
object:

Aliases.SNCDosimetry.frm_MainForm.pnl_MainWork.doccon_MainWork.dt_MainWork.Imported.ScanOutputUserControl.m_dock.radSplitContainer1.m_tsDetails.m_twDetails.m_grd

(Sys.Process("SNCDosimetry").WinFormsObject("frmMainForm").WinFormsObject("m_dock").WinFormsObject("documentContainer1").WinFormsObject("m_dtMain").WinFormsObject("Imported").WinFormsObject("ScanOutputUserControl").WinFormsObject("m_dock").WinFormsObject("radSplitContainer1").WinFormsObject("m_tsDetails").WinFormsObject("m_twDetails").WinFormsObject("m_grd"))

9 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Wayne,

Please let me know the exact version of the Telerik Grid control you are working with. Thanks.

CWRodgers
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for responding ... our software is using version 2010.3.10.1215 ... please let me know if you need anything else ... 
    CWRodgers
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks Irina - 

Just out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for CS to respond with the patch?  I requested it this morning and have not heard anything since.

Thanks
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Wayne,

Did you get an auto-response back with a ticket ID (in the format of [Issue # Mnnnnnnn] in the subject heading)?  If you didn't, your request MIGHT not have gone through... hitting "submit" on the page for sending the message is actually a two step process... submit on the first place and then an acknowledge to go ahead with the ticket on the next page.
    CWRodgers
    Occasional Contributor
    Yes - I received the auto-response ... nothing since ... 
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Wayne,

I've talked to our Support Team, and they'll try to reply to you today.

• Has this error been fixed?  We are using Version 9.31.3889.7 and I get the same error when trying to do a ClickCell
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Brad,

The issue should be resolved. Please make sure that the version of the control that is used in the app is supported by TestComplete. Refer to the "Supported Telerik Controls" article to learn this.