Forum Discussion

shankar_r
Community Hero
7 years ago
Solved

Taking more time than usual to start executing

Hi All,

Have you facing the below issue with 12.40.

Taking more time than usual to start executing. Let's say i start executing a function from unit using Run Current Routine option. I clicked the popup item by 7.35 PM and it is started put my Log.Message() after 7.41 PM. I haven't have this much delay in my previous version [12.3*].

• I got the patch from Smartbear team and it is working fine now. :smileyhappy:

Thanks guys for your input.

18 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Without knowing more about what you're doing in your function, I can't say what's causing it.  I was just commenting to my co-workers here that the code actually seems to be executing faster in the 64 bit version I'm running now.

Would you be able to share the actual code being executed?

baxatob
      Community Hero

Hi guys,

What I can confirm at the moment, that I have received a lot of "Searching for a mapped object took too much time" warnings with the new version (12.4). At the first glance the actual run-time increased about 10% (in compare with 12.31). It is not an exact value, just a first opinion.

Sorry for offtopic.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

One thing I did to increase the search time is to turn of the option to "search for visible objects first" and then make sure I code based upon whether or not an object is visible.  I found that the visible object first search in the NameMapping engine was adding a LOT of time to our test execution.

shankar_r
      Community Hero

I have created a support ticket due to below reasons.

Steps:

1. Run Project Suite > 07.53 PM 
      2. Printed first Log Message > 08.10 PM [This is Log.Message() placed first line of my function]

Basically, it took 17 mins to initiate the execution.

I haven't have this much delay in my previous version [12.3*] for the same project suite.

Also, I know what is happening in the 17 mins. It is going to each and every very unit under the project being executing and grabbing the global variables. i have seen by using pausing the scripts in-between.

Unfortunately, It is large project suite and confidential i can't share here. 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Is this something you can reproduce in a bit of code that is not confidential?  If so, could you post that?

jkrolczy
    Regular Contributor

How you tried running your project between the

x86 version of TestComplete 12.40

x64 version of TestComplete 12.40

?

James K.

shankar_r
        Community Hero

I got the patch from Smartbear team and it is working fine now. :smileyhappy:

Thanks guys for your input.