Forum Discussion

clay
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Script conversion takes several minutes.

As a general practice, we would like to convert all of our keyword tests to scripts.  Most conversions just take a few seconds at most.  However, some take several minutes to compile.  The resulting scripts are only ~120 lines, including the comments, so these are not very large keyword tests.

What might be causing the conversions to be so slow?

Thanks.

clay
    7 years ago

I decided to remove all of the visualization images from my keyword test.  Now the script conversion is almost instantaneous rather the 10-15 minutes.  I do not understand why the image snapshots would have such an effect on the script conversion, but the impact is apparently huge.  Perhaps TestComplete developers could fix this??

Thanks to all for the help.

8 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

Can you give a little more info? What at the differences in your KWTs? Are there a lot more parameters? Visualizer images? 

clay
      Contributor

We don't use parameters very often.  Our script building approach is to first map out the procedure using the recorder with the visualizer turned on.  Then we step-by-step refine the recorded steps, adjusting the name maps and trying to use coordinates localized to the objects and etc.  As we refine, the number of images goes down because we are replacing recorded steps.  The last step is to convert to script

I guess that means there are a lot of visualizer images, but from key word test to key word test I don't think one has more than another.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Do the longer ones happen after you've been working on them for a while or randomly during the day?  If they're always towards the end, I would suspect a TC memory leak.