Forum Discussion

jimpson
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Forced Conversion

Is there a way to force the conversion of a project that is being executed via the Integration object?  I know that you can use the "SilentMode" and "ForceConversion" switches from the command line, but I was curious if I could pass a param (possibly undocumented) to the integration object when the "OpenProjectSuite()" method is called. 

We are currently converting our system over to TC/TE 10 but require running a legacy script temporarily. 

• Hi Joshua,

At the moment, there is no way to do this when running TestComplete via COM. However, we have an appropriate suggestion in our DB - I've increased its rating with your question. 

2 Replies

• I actually found a workaround for the way that we deploy our scripts.  Since we use a combination of PSEXEC, batch, and Javascript to deploy our scripts, it was easy enough to add the "/SilentMode" and "/ForceConversion" switches to the shortcut that starts TestExecute.  

For those interested, we added the switches and dropped the shortcut into the startup folders of our VMs and then make the appropriate calls through PSEXEC to start the tests running.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Joshua,

At the moment, there is no way to do this when running TestComplete via COM. However, we have an appropriate suggestion in our DB - I've increased its rating with your question.