Forum Discussion

hamedj
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Stress Test on windows application

hi

I have a windows application that makes protected files and then it can mount them in drives,

it is  like TrueCrypt application .

I  tested  with Test complete 8 ,

loading and make functional test with Testcomplete  come true,

but could Testcomplete guide me through stress and performance test?

How can I make stress test and shows the performance for such windows applications ?

thank you...

god bless you...

9 Replies

• Hi Hamed,

There are two plug-ins in TestComplete: the HTTP Load Testing plug-in and the Network Suite plug-in.

The first one allows you to test client-server applications that communicate using HTTP or Secure HTTP. TestComplete emulates up to 300 virtual users on each computer involved in testing. If you are interested in this approach, please read the "Load Testing - Overview" (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/viewarticle.aspx?aid=12628) help topic - it includes links to other help topics.

The second plug-in performs distributed testing of the server application through the GUI of a number of client applications. You can simulate as many users as many computers are involved in the testing process: the client application will be launched on each computer, and the script on the master machine will control the activity of every client. Please see the "Distributed Testing" (http://www.automatedqa.com/support/viewarticle.aspx?aid=12315) topic of the Help system for details.

Also, please see the following pages for more information:

http://automatedqa.com/products/testcomplete/tc_distributed_testing.asp

http://www.automatedqa.com/support/viewarticle.aspx?aid=8805

BTW, TestComplete is not supposed to be used to measure performance of desktop applications. AQtime, which is our profiling tool, can be used for that purpose.

hamedj
    Occasional Contributor
    hi

thanks a lot for previous posts .

now i wanna compare TC5    with TC8 .

iam in data driven testing and working on error exception handling.

in version 5,when an error arise,it can resune next step and it works properly.

but in version 8,it stops and doesn't continue to next step.

how can i do this test like version 5 to handle errors and resume next step?

would you please guide me to have good settings in order to do this ?

thanks a lot  again 
    hamedj
    Occasional Contributor
    hi allen

thank for your guides,but i want to know more about stress and performance tests .

as you know these tests are different from the load and distributed tests .

would you help me..
    hamedj
    Occasional Contributor
    hi alen

thanks a lot for your guides .my target softwares are like true crypte ,win zip these are not  web applications .

so i want to do stress and performance tests over some desktop applications.

i'll  be glad to see your help
  • Hi Hamed,

Thank you for clarifying your request. Currently, TestComplete provides support only for performance/stress testing of applications which communicate via HTTP.

adolfainsley8
      New Contributor

iam in data driven testing and working on error exception handling.

in version 5,when an error arise,it can resune next step and it works properly.

but in version 8,it stops and doesn't continue to next step???

baxatob
        Community Hero

Check your project settings: the option "Stop on error" should be disabled

• hi

I have a windows application that makes protected files and then it can mount them in drives,

it is  like TrueCrypt application .

I  tested  with Test complete 8 ,

loading and make functional test with Testcomplete  come true,

but could Testcomplete guide me through stress and performance test?

== www.solitairechamp.info ==