Forum Discussion

jitenderrawat
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Sometimes keys method skips few characters while entering text.

I am working with a MS Dynamic application embedded in outlook. Sometimes while entering text in textbox "Keys" method skips few characters. And sometime it takes too long to enter text in textbox.

If anybody else have faced this kind of problem please let me know any solution for this.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried using the "SetText" method instead? Unless you actually need to have something interact via keyboard events, SetText should work just fine for entering text into a field on screen.

jitenderrawat
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert Martin,

First of all thanks for replying on my query. 

Actually, I am working with MS dynamic controls and most of them controls do not have SetText method available. That's why I am not able to use that method.

Thanks,

Jitender Rawat

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Another possible option for the characters to be skipped is if the input string contains characters that are treated as control ones (~, !, ^, ... - see description of the Keys method in documentation). Such characters must be doubled if the above is your case.

jitenderrawat
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex,

Thanks for replying. I am not using any special characters while entering the text. Even then "Keys" method skips a single or couple of characters while entering a long text (e.g an email address like "testaccountDDMMYYYYHHMMSS@yopmail.com") in a MS dynamic control. Type of My dynamic control is 'Edit("email")'.

Thanks,

Jitender Rawat

osaid_ahmad
        Contributor

Hi Jitender,

Try adding Key pressing delay, say 200ms in Playback Properties and see if it helps.

Regards

Osaid