Forum Discussion

sorin_velican
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Simplified WPF Object tree feature

Hi,

is there a way to use the nameMapping with the Simplified WPF Object tree feature in some functions and also the objects identified after the non simplified full path in other functions.

Or, can you tell me with are the graphical components that are skipped while converting the full path in the Simplified WPF Object tree. Can we just remove them?

Thanks,

Sorin

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sorin,

The Simplified WPF object tree feature determines how TestComplete recognizes objects in WPF apps. So, this option will affect the Name Mapping structure, as well.

As far as I understand, you have tests recorded in different times: when the option was enabled and disabled. Now, you want to convert your tests so that they can be executed when the Simplified WPF Object tree option is enabled, right? Could you please clarify your request?

sorin_velican
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Let’s say our test were recorded without using the name Mapping or the Simplified WPF Object tree option enabled and now we want the start using this tow features but we have over 3000 components recorder and store as variable and we want to be able to use both the old way of using the variables and the new way in the same project.

To use our old variable for identifying some components and the Aliases.<ComponentName> for the rest until we will capture all the components in the aliases.

This is working but our variables, since we do not use the Simplified WPF Object tree, have the full path a lot longer than is needed to be now.

Thanks,

Sorin

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sorin,

I don't see any way to keep the scripts recorded for two different values of the option in one project. Perhaps, the possibility of changing the value of the option from script would help. However, there is no such functionality in TestComplete. Besides, I'm sure that would mix up the situation.