Forum Discussion

jimsmith_1
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Searching for name-mapping items in keyword tests.

Does anyone know of a way to locate, in keyword tests, all references to a particular name-mapping file item? The "Find" dialog doesn't seem to do it.

• Hi Jim,

Currently, only searching through data in the Value column of the keyword test editor is possible. We have a suggestion to improve the Find/Replace feature for keyword tests in our DB, and your message has increased its rating. Thanks!

At the moment, there is nothing I can tell you for sure about whether (and when) the feature will be implemented. Currently, I can only suggest looking for a specific string in the corresponding .tcKDTest files of your project via some external tools.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jim,

Currently, only searching through data in the Value column of the keyword test editor is possible. We have a suggestion to improve the Find/Replace feature for keyword tests in our DB, and your message has increased its rating. Thanks!

At the moment, there is nothing I can tell you for sure about whether (and when) the feature will be implemented. Currently, I can only suggest looking for a specific string in the corresponding .tcKDTest files of your project via some external tools.

• Thanks for the suggestion.

Notepad++ has a "Find in Files" facility which seems to work well.