Forum Discussion

jesseejames
Occasional Contributor
10 months ago
Solved

Search/Highlight Variable in Keyword Testing

Hi there,

When you have dozens of variables in a keyword testing, is there any way to search/highlight where is all the variables

For example, If I change a variable name, I have to look into every single step of my keyword testing and make sure I also change the variable name.

I am sure you can do that in script, but how about highlight every variables in Keyword Testing

Same concept like Visual Studio search code, once I type in to search, it highlights all the matching keywords in code script. 

• See Find Dialog and note "In the Keyword Test editor, the dialog searches for the specified string only within the Value column. You cannot use the dialog to search for operations in keyword tests.". It's not possible to highlight the variables in your keyword tests.

You can search for the variable in your keyword test files, using Notepad++ or similar.

1 Reply

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

See Find Dialog and note "In the Keyword Test editor, the dialog searches for the specified string only within the Value column. You cannot use the dialog to search for operations in keyword tests.". It's not possible to highlight the variables in your keyword tests.

You can search for the variable in your keyword test files, using Notepad++ or similar.