Forum Discussion

lalit_singh
Contributor
3 years ago

Running testingcases from script

Hello everyone;

I have automated 80 test cases

Now I want to run each test using script

Please let me know how can run it without using Organise test screen , which allows to test each test manually

2 Replies

Kitt
    Regular Contributor

If you aren't leveraging CI/CD pipelines you can always use Marsha_R approach and use command line to run your tests with TestExecute or TestComplete. An easy way to automate your test runs would be to create a batch file using your own version of the code below, then set up a Windows Scheduled task to run the batch file.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 15\x64\Bin\TestComplete.exe" "C:\<your project path here>.mds" /r /p:<project name here> /u:<test unit name here> /rt:<test name here> /exit /SilentMode

I would add that TestExecute only comes with the Desktop license of TestComplete or as a stand-alone license, if you don't have the Desktop version you get the TestExecuteLite version, which really isn't great for anything - [see why here] - but you can always reference TestComplete instead if you don't have the full TestExecute runner.

TE path reference:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 15\x64\Bin\TestExecute.exe" 

TE Lite reference:

Start /wait "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecuteLite 15\x64\Bin\TestExecuteLite.exe"

TC path reference:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 15\x64\Bin\TestComplete.exe"