wantorp2
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Run TestComplete tests into tfs builds Error

Hello there,

When I run TestComplete tests into Build Tfs 2017  I have this error:

I did this tutorial :

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/ms-vs/alm/team-builds/definitions/vnext.html

Anyone have suggestion ?

Thanks =)

Best Regards

• It's exactly as it says... to run the automation, the machine you are launching it on must have a logged in user session with an active desktop.  In the article you linked, there's this line:

Configure the agent to run UI tests. Otherwise, the agent will launch TestComplete (or TestExecute) in non-interactive mode, and it will not be able to access UI elements to simulate user actions.

Please verify that this is done and that the machine you are running it on, when the test kicks off, is on a logged in active desktop.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It's exactly as it says... to run the automation, the machine you are launching it on must have a logged in user session with an active desktop.  In the article you linked, there's this line:

Configure the agent to run UI tests. Otherwise, the agent will launch TestComplete (or TestExecute) in non-interactive mode, and it will not be able to access UI elements to simulate user actions.

Please verify that this is done and that the machine you are running it on, when the test kicks off, is on a logged in active desktop.

wantorp2
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Robert,

I running TestComplete tests by using Visual Studio Test Task.

Do I need to authenticate the user session with an activw desktop.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

If your test clicks on UI components at all... then yes.