Forum Discussion

suthersons
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Regarding Testcomplete Add-on

Hi Sir,

This is Sutherson.S from Syncfusion Software private limited. I am one of the licensed user of your automation tool.

I need a help regarding my automation, if any one can reply to my forum, kindly do it as soon as possible.

Now am wanted to make my automation from Low-level to high level using testcomplete tool. I mean, before i was used Regression testing that contains the Region level comparison. So Image comparison was a main part of automation before. It was taking more time to run and so i planned to change my automation process.

Currently am working in WPF and Silverlight platforms. I tried with the Object Checkpoint. Now while taking the Object using Finder tool over my control(GridControl), i could see only WPF framework elements and internal properties were deducted. Other than this complex properties and Predefined classes of us didn't detect there. So for that there were specified as "Need to put Add-on(Script-Extension)"(like in QTP) at Engine option in TestComplete properties. So that only all the properties and classed will be shown while taking Object checkpoint.

Can you please tell me, how to create Add-on using C# / C# script ?

Thanks for reading this forum.

Regards,

Sutherson

1 Reply

• Hi,

If you mean that you don't see Silverlight-specific objects in the object tree of your application, make sure that the requirements for testing SL applications are met in your case and that your application is prepared properly.

As for
    Can you please tell me, how to create Add-on using C# / C# script ?
    , it is unclear what 'add-on' you mean and how it is related to your question, so can you clarify this?