Forum Discussion

SlickRick
Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

Propery checkpoint - not working but highlight works

Ill try to explain my problem as best as i can.

So i have a wpf textbox which i want to validate its content. So i recorded a property checkpoint.

However during playback im getting:
Unable to verify a value with the property checkpoint, because the target object does not exist. 

But the thing is that control is visible during the playback. I even tried to put a 30sec timeout to see if it could because it takes more time to be found.

I tried to put a breakpoint on the checkpoint and it wont work either.

However if i try to use the 'highlight' control during debug it will hightlight the control correctly and then the propertycheck point works...

Im not too sure what to do to fix this. I tried to record the check point again too. Not luck...

• I got it working.

The problem was in my mapping there were a few nodes with empty conditions which probably made the search engine take the wrong searching nodes.

Thanks rraghvani for pointing me in the right direction.

4 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I suggest you check the criteria that you have used to identify the object, is correct - what property values are you using?

SlickRick
      Contributor

rraghvani I tried to use the textbox .wText and Text. Both are not working.

In fact i also tried to put a if to see is txtbox.Exists is true and for some reason it is returning false, but i see it on screen.

And like i mentioned, if i put a breakpoint and try to locate the control, it get highlighted and then after the checkpoint works 😕

SlickRick
        Contributor

I got it working.

The problem was in my mapping there were a few nodes with empty conditions which probably made the search engine take the wrong searching nodes.

Thanks rraghvani for pointing me in the right direction.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The criteria used to identify an object is the most important part, which is used to instruct TestComplete on how to locate the object in your tested application.

In NameMapping, if you right click and select Show Usage, the Mapped Objects tree will display markers next to mapping objects to indicate their usage in tests.