Forum Discussion

Nimeshika
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Project and project suite name lengths

Hello,

I wanted to know how much length does test complete support for project name,project suite name and script name?

Regards,

Nimeshika S

• Hi Nimeshika,

Windows has a limit on file path length of 259 characters (including the drive name, folder name and file name). It's an operating system limitation, not TestComplete's.

If you're hitting the path length limit, move your project closer to the drive root For example, use C:\TestProject rather than C:\Work\RegressionTests\trunk\TestProject.

3 Replies

•      Kindly someone give me information regarding legnth of name supported for script,project and project suites.

I get a pop up saying "abcsj.tcVis filename exceeds the limit set by operating system. visualizer is unable to store the data to this file."
  • Hi Nimeshika

You may want to have a look at this entry on Wikipedia.

I'm not sure whether TestComplete influences file length, but the OS definately will :)

Regards,

Altus
    HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Nimeshika,

Windows has a limit on file path length of 259 characters (including the drive name, folder name and file name). It's an operating system limitation, not TestComplete's.

If you're hitting the path length limit, move your project closer to the drive root For example, use C:\TestProject rather than C:\Work\RegressionTests\trunk\TestProject.