Forum Discussion

p_mariet
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Process an XML file with parameters

Hello everyone,

I can't get to pass the second Node (secondNode) because It has a parameter with no value. The error is the following: msxml6.dll  Expected value. Do you have any idea how to bypass this?

Function XMLProcess

fileName = "C:\test.xml"

Set doc = Sys.OleObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument.6.0")

Call doc.load(fileName)

value = doc.selectSingleNode("/firstNode[@param=paramValue]/secondNode[@param=]/thirdNode/lastNode/").text

XMLProcess = value

End function

• If the error is "NodeTest expected here", you need to remove the trailing / after lastNode - as in my previous answer.

If this doesn't help, can you post the actual XML file and XPath you're using?

5 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    If the error is "NodeTest expected here", you need to remove the trailing / after lastNode - as in my previous answer.

If this doesn't help, can you post the actual XML file and XPath you're using?
    HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Pierrick,

You need to specify an empty string as the parameter value for secondNode:

value = doc.selectSingleNode("/firstNode[@param='paramValue']/secondNode[@param='']/thirdNode/lastNode").text

p_mariet
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello Helen,

I've already tried putting empty quotes but it still gives me the same error...
    p_mariet
    Occasional Contributor
    That's it... I thought the NodeTest error came from a previous test where I had called the node "NodeTest".

Well thank you Helen for your help