Forum Discussion

m_essaid
Valued Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

pause playback with TestExecute

Hi,

I really need to pause playback with TestExecute.

I need to let the robot play a certain amount of steps, which I really don't want to make manualy. But at a moment I want to pause, launch the delphi IDE and let the robot continue playback but in debug.

I tried Runner.Pause and BuiltIn.ShowMessage('test') but none of thoses seems to work with TestExecute.

It's a real pain to manage this because our configurations are quite complicated.

Anyone has an idea please ?

Thank you,

Mehdi

• The intention of TestExecute is to run unattended, therefore it doesn't have any functionality for user interaction.... with the exception of UserForms.

so....  Try adding a UserForm at the point where you want to halt, make it modal where the tests don't continue until you manually click OK on it.

4 Replies

m_essaid
    Valued Contributor

I want to precise that theses are bugs that happen only with VM. So I can't use my TestComplete (I don't have a floating licence of TC obviously).

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

You could put a Delay in your test for a minute or two and that would give you time to start the IDE.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

The intention of TestExecute is to run unattended, therefore it doesn't have any functionality for user interaction.... with the exception of UserForms.

so....  Try adding a UserForm at the point where you want to halt, make it modal where the tests don't continue until you manually click OK on it.