Forum Discussion

morde
Contributor
11 years ago

Panel objects partially "object not found" error (only in one machine)

Hi. 

I have a TestComplete for 2 licences, running with an itentical nameMapping. on the first computer I mapped all the objects and the tests run perfectly, but on the other computer, almost in any Panel Object, there's an "object not found" error.

It happens a lot, only in Panel objects, and I don't want to change the nameMapping (I can go one level lower to take the TextNode object but there are too many...) 

Please help me,

Thanks,

Mor.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mor,

Do you use one browser on both machines? Let me quote the "Handling Browser Differences" article:

To obtain the textual content of a web page object and its child objects in Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera, the textContent property is used, whereas to get the same data in Internet Explorer you should use the innerText property. TestComplete introduces an analogous property, contentText, which is available in all browsers.

• Hi Tanya and thanks for the article.

The object appears on the screen immediately (doesn't need 10 secs). the nameMapping I did at the "good" computer included an object property named "textContent" with a value "add". but, at the "bad" computer, this property had no value at all (and that's why it was not recognized).

What can be the reason for this? is it has to do with browser definitions?  (it's the same website so Ithink the objects supposed to be identical...)

Thanks,

Mor
  • I used the same version of IE in both computers, but it's good to know (for later on) obout this difference.

thanks