Forum Discussion

FRin323
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Organized Test Are Failing That Are Composed of KeywordTests That Are Successfull

Hello!

I'm new to automation (specifically web automation). I have a couple of keyword tests I recorded that are successful when ran independently. All of these tests start with the web browser opening and closing once testing is completed. When I try to organize the tests to create a "smokescreen" test suite, the organized test fail when starting the second keyword test. (The first one is successful). Output says that it fails on the first line of the second tests. Is my approach incorrect with this or can I fix this somehow?

Test Complete Version 11.30.2298.7

Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 64-bit

• Can this be a synchronization issue? Can you please ensute that the browser itself is closed successfully after the first keyword test and before the begning of next test. A east way to check this might be to insert a delay after the closeof the browser of the first keyword test. Also as part of the second keyword test msy be we can wait for the Maximize button to be available rather than simply trying to click it. Hope this helps.

4 Replies

• You should be able to fix it, running individual tests back to back is a pretty standard format. What's the error message say?

P.S. It's called a smoke test, not a smokescreen test :)

FRin323
      Occasional Contributor

I have the web browser maximized in the tests once it is opened. The error says "An error occurred while accessing the the "Maximized" method or property of the "BrowserWindow" object" But I don't even see the web browser open at all. 

Also interesting to note, when I set breakpoints to try and debug the problem, the web browser is opened and runs successfully... :smileyfrustrated:

sreedevtr
        Contributor

Can this be a synchronization issue? Can you please ensute that the browser itself is closed successfully after the first keyword test and before the begning of next test. A east way to check this might be to insert a delay after the closeof the browser of the first keyword test. Also as part of the second keyword test msy be we can wait for the Maximize button to be available rather than simply trying to click it. Hope this helps.