Forum Discussion

ryan_perneel
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Odd behaviour with Windows 10

Hi,

I am having an odd problem.  I have parts of my suite running on different client machines.  I am using jenkins to control the running of the different parts of the suite.  I am calling testexecute from the command line and this was and is working on most of the test machines except for 3 now, 3 of the 6 windows 10 machines.  We are testing a click once application, so the first thing we are doing is hitting the URL to launch the application.  on the 3 suspect machines, I see test execute start, and i see it hit the URL, but then we do not get the application starting.  The next level oddity is if i go onto the client, and manually open a command prompt and run the exact same command, everything works. 

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks

tristaanogre
    8 years ago

The other thing to try is see if you can set it up to Run As Administrator.  It could be that the Jenkins agent doesn't have the elevated privileges necessary to do the execution proper.

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if this has to do with user permissions?  I know that Windows 10 is a bit different with those regards with UAC and such.  What user are you using to execute the test run?  Is it the same user level as what you use when you run the command prompt?

ryan_perneel
      Contributor

UAC is disabled on all the machines, and jenkins is running as web start so "should" be using the logged in user.  I will double check.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

The other thing to try is see if you can set it up to Run As Administrator.  It could be that the Jenkins agent doesn't have the elevated privileges necessary to do the execution proper.