Forum Discussion

VegasQA
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Object Tree Error

Hey folks,

I'm having trouble with TC entering data into a form field.  During recording, everything went fine.  Upon execution, I am told it cannot locate the object.  So I used Object Spy to identify the table, the form, and the field.  And each time it shows the Properties of the selected object in Object spy.  So far, so good, right?  Unfortunately, when I click on the Object Tree icon, after waiting less than 10 seconds, I get the attached error which reads "Cannot highlight this object in the object tree."

So if it can't find it, how can I manually script it to let TC know it is indeed there and to use it?

8 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mike,

A description of similar behavior was posted here. It was actual for TestComplete 9.31. What TestComplete version are you using? Can you check if the same issue is reproduced in TestComplete 10?

• Hi Tanya,

I'm also on 9.3.1.  I clicked Check for Updates and it said none were available.  I saw 10 was in Beta.  Can you direct me to it?  I'd be more than happy to give it a go.

Thank you very much,

Mike
  • A bit more info...I had seen 10 was in Beta and I wrote to the gent offering to assist in the Beta when/if it reopens.  But if I could try it sooner to see if it fixes the problem, that would be excellent!

Thanks again,

Mike
  • Thanks, Tanya!  Downloading and I'll update you on the results.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mike,

Could you please check the Chrome version installed on the computer? V.32 has been recently released. TestComplete cannot work with it yet. Our R&D team is working on a patch that should allow testing the latest Chrome version.

• Ah, sure enough, its Version 32.0.1700.76 m.

That's no problem for me.  I can continue scripting for IE (our base browser anyway) and then cross-test it against Chrome when v10 is ready.  I really like how well it fixed the JavaScripting problem...like it was never there. :)

Thanks, Tanya!
  • That solved it!  Thanks, Tanya!

Now if I could only get Chrome to recognize the script which now works so perfectly in IE.  I do have the TC v10 extension running in Chrome.  I disabled all of the others (including the TC v9 extention), I was mindful to keep Zoom to 100%, but for some reason TC clicks the a bookmark instead of a JavaScript menu item.

Still plugging away though. :)